The ORICS FFS-30 Form-Fill-Seal is an inline, intermittent motion sealing system that forms trays, cups and pouches in realtime from rollstock film. By forming trays online, this system has the ability to save the user tens of thousands of dollars by eliminating the costs associated with purchasing and shipping pre-formed trays. What’s more, with a simple tooling change, this flexible system is capable of creating multiple tray/pouch sizes and configurations. Film may be flexible, semi-rigid, or rigid (with some restrictions). Final package may be ambient, vacuumed (drawn tight around the product), gas flushed to create a gas/air filled package or vacuum gas flushed to create a true Modified Atmosphere (M.A.P.) package. Applications include food, pharmaceutical and medical. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Rollstock film is fed by gripper chain through the thermoforming sector where film is heated and then drawn into the forming mold to a maximum depth of 4 inches. Complex rigid and semi-rigid forms are possible with the addition of the optional plug assist. Film is immediately cooled to maintain shape as the film advances to the open area assigned for automated or hand filling of product. The filled cups/trays/pouches then index to the sealing sector where a top film is applied and the packages are either slice cut or die cut to shape.
Equipped with a programmable logic controller (PLC) and a high-speed optical encoder, the FFS-30 can be configured for a variety of production applications. All of the machine’s functions are controlled from a digital touch screen with a state-of-the-art, menu-driven interface.
- Ideal for fresh or frozen foods in trays
- Ideal for aseptic medical applications with Tyvek™ topseal
- Thermoforming rollstock may be flexible, semi-rigid or rigid (film must be approved prior to project)
- Package may be vacuum sealed, ambient atmosphere sealed, or vacuum gas flushed with full Modified Atmosphere (M.A.P.)
- Single lane/Single tool design
- Top seal film may be blank, repeating pattern or registered
- Package can be slice cut or die cut
- Corners can be rounded
- Capable of easy peel seal at one or more corners
- Chevron cut available
- Meets or exceeds all FDA and USDA standards
- Automatic film feed with optional print registration
- Tray carriers and tooling are custom designed for each package
- Constructed from stainless steel to withstand wasdown environments
- Integrated 5 h.p. vacuum pump
- Integrated closed circuit water cooling system
Actual dimensions depend on the application. Base dimensions 12″ x 14″ cavity are 156″ x 36″ x 72″.
15 cycles per minute